Admin

Peanut Aware

We are a Peanut Aware School
Posted on 05/07/2019
Image of Peanut https://limestone.on.ca/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=19750696

Severe allergic reactions are often associated with foods, the most common being peanuts, nuts, milk, eggs, soya, fish and shellfish. They can also be associated with bee stings and medications such as penicillin. Allergic reactions can be so severe that eating, or even inhaling trace amounts of the foods to which they are allergic to may trigger a life-threatening reaction.  

Prompt emergency treatment is required.

Although the child is aware of his/her allergy and knows what foods to avoid, all of us must do all that is required to provide this student with a safe environment. We therefore respectfully ask that you discuss this situation with your child. Please explain the importance of washing hands before and after meals, of not sharing foods with this student and if a food allergic child becomes ill, to seek help immediately.

If you require more information or clarification, please do not hesitate to call. Your cooperation in this matter is deeply appreciated.